October 25, 2010

October PTI Blog Hop Challenge


The challenge this month is to created a project that celebrates a winter holiday other than Christmas.  Every year I send the family a Winter/New Years card.   They usually get sent out the first week of January and the front of the card is a winter theme with a New Years sentiment on the inside.  When I say family, that is my immediate family of 5. 


This year I decided that all of my Christmas gifts will be wrapped in kraft packaging paper and red and white tags and bows.  Although my Christmas cards do not reflect those colors as this was an after thought, I decided to use some of the colors for my Winter/New Years cards.

The stamp set used for this card is Snowfall,  I just love those little mittens.  I'm hoping that PTI will come out with a die for them. The ink is pure poppy and Versafine onyx black. I also using Quickutz embossing folder, snowflake punch and die.  I added red rhinestones to the center of the snowflakes on the mittens and a bit of bakers twine as well.

  For a little sparkles I added some Martha Stewart's crystal fine glitter to the snowflakes on the mittens using my two-way glue pen and for the snowflake pictured above I ran it through my Xyron and added glitter.  For the sentiment strip I added  strips of 1/8" scor tape to the top and bottom then added the glitter.  I also rounded all the corners of the card with my corner chomper and added pop dots to the mittens.

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone has created for the hop.  Thanks for visiting.

25 comments:

  1. This is really cute and I love the sparkly snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and fun! Love the sparkle. It just doesn't get much more wintery than this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love...with your mittens! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous!! Love how you stamped the snowflake :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of the sparkles on this card and it's very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this- the red and white color combo couldn't have been more perfect for the feel of this card, the mittens are uber adorable, and the glittery accents ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors..goes great with the kraft wrapping paper! The texture looks great too! Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, I just love red and white for winter cards- It's so fine and crisp; it's a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So CUTE! Love red and white together for winter cards. Those mittens work so well on this. Love the sparkle and glitter too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card...so pretty! Perfect winter card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh oh oh! what a beautiful card! I just love the clean composition and all the sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute card!!! Love the fun mitties, and the sparkly snowflake!! Great job with the PTI Blog Hop challenge! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the red and white, your mittens and background are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great winter card. Love those mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  15. what an adorable card! the embossing is really pretty, and the colors are so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful and I love the glittery snowflake and the adorable mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous mittens and bling! Great job with the PTI challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  18. soooooo way cute!! Love the colors and all the little details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE the mittens and the sparkly snowflakes! GREAT color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the red and white scheme, so wintery and fun! Great detail of the twine on mittens. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete