October 9, 2010

Fall Wreath


This idea came from Dawn McVey, I just fell in love when I saw it and knew I had to make one too.  My version is smaller, I used a 6" foam wreath form instead of the 12" size Dawn used.

The leaf dies are from Papertrey Ink as well at the cardstock.  The colors I chose were kraft, ripe avocado, terra cotta tile, scarlet jewel, summer sunrise and dark chocolate.  I can't even tell you how many leaves there are. I can tell you that I used all four dies for each color so we know that there are at least 24 leaves but I know I kept cutting till the wreath was full so I lost count.  I made a little bow to complete the project.  The ribbon is from my stash and is a 7/8" brown grosgrain ribbon. 

Thanks Dawn for the great idea.

4 comments:

  1. What a cute idea...I love the 'mini' version of Dawn's wreath. It would be a great gift for anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow it is a nice - I love the leaves, maybe I should get the dies too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this...love the bow too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! Wow- it just looks like SO much work... (or maybe I'm just lazy)- but this is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete