March 1, 2010

Spring Banner

I just love all the banners that Kelly Lunceford makes for the different holidays/season and decided to make one myself.  Michelle Wooderson got me thinking about spring with her spring/easter inspiration station.  After the winter we've had, I'm soooo ready for spring.


I have this hanging over the closet in my craft room to remind me that spring is just around the corner.  I used several different papers from My Mind's Eye.  I wanted to use one's that had a springish feel to them.  I followed Kelly's directions and cut reach flag to 4" x 6" then added the inverted "V" at the bottom.



I found some white chipboard letters at JoAnn's and painted each letter and added some Martha Stewart glitter while the paint was still wet.  I also added some Martha Stewart coarse glitter to the tops of the flags and to the accordian medallion.


I added some zigzag stitching, attached each flag together with a stapler and hid the staples with some buttons.  I'm so looking forward to making more of these banners. Thanks for the inspiration Kelly!  And Mish, thanls for reminding me that spring IS just around the corner.

Think Spring Everyone!
Hugs
Lisa

10 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS!! I made an autumn one and now I need to do a spring one. They take a while but the outcome is so worth it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool banner!Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a project! That is so fresh and pretty! You did a lot of work on it I can tell but what a lovely addition to brighten up your home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, I love these banners! Definitely what the weatherman ordered! So colorful and cheerful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How PRETTY! I've never tried my hand at a banner, I do love yours though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic. Definitely a breath of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope a lot of people visit your craft room because this banner is just way too pretty not to be shared with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous project! It really makes me crave Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aren't these banners so fun?! :)
    I've made a couple- but you beat me to the spring one! Love it!

    ReplyDelete