March 30, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dad

Tomorrow is my father's 82nd birthday.  I'm so glad we have another year to celebrate.  He's doing well at home but it is a little work.  He walks with a walker and there are certain things he can not do for himself and I'm so glad I'm here to help.  The way I look at it is that he took care of me all those years now it's my turn to give back and I wouldn't have it any other way.  With that being said I have a birthday card I made for him.  I always struggle with masculine birthday cards and I figure simple is better, a no frills kinda card.


I used some My Mind's Eye paper and rounded the one end using a plate, traced it and cut it out.  I attached it to a spring moss card base.  I stamped some images from Vintage Label in spring moss onto vintage cream cardstock and layered it on  dark chocolate.  The sentiment it from Birthday Basics stamped in dark chocolate.  I attached it by using some foam pop dots.  I also rounded the bottom corner.  See very simple and easy. 

Stop back tomorrow when I share a birthday card I made for my mother.

10 comments:

  1. Love that pattern paper! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Great masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. I really like how you cut the pp into a half circle - it's a neat touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on that label! I love how it turned it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That should say above, "I love how it turned out!" Sorry for typing faster than I was proofing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your dad. You made him a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dad will love his card........... it is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! I love how its is clean, but still looks special!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great masculine card. I often struggle with them. Happy birthday to your dad. It is so awesome that you can see the blessings in this time of his life. I am going through the same thing with my mom so I understand completely.

    ReplyDelete