March 9, 2010

Crepe Paper

Crepe paper seems to be a new trend for embellishments.  The other day I was at the dollar store and found some rolls of crepe paper for a dollar.  The colors were limited to white, pink, yellow, and this off white color.  I'm not sure if at one time it was white and had discolored over time or what but I thought it would look nice for a vintage type project.  So here is a little card I made using some of the off white crepe paper.


Kraft cardstock was used for the base then I stamped Polka Dot Basics I in sweet blush on vintage cream cardstock. I used the new large scalloped die from PTI for the bottom and crimped some kraft cardstock to go across the middle.  For the focal point is where I using the crepe paper to make two  medallions.   They were very easy to make, all I did was cut two pieces about 12 inches long and used my pinking sheers to cut the long one end and a basting stiching along the other end and pulled it tight and Vola! instant medallion.  I made a smaller one to go on top.  It works better if you use two piece because just using one is not stable enough and it rips easy.  The butterfly is from the Egg Hunt stamp set.  I can't wait to play some more with the crepe paper.

Thanks for stoppin by
Hugs
Lisa

3 comments:

  1. I like this! Your medallion is so pretty and delicate looking. Thank you for explaining how you made it. I'll have to check the local thrift store and see if they have any stashed away somewhere so I can try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, love the crepe paper embellishment :)

    ReplyDelete