November 29, 2010

Tissue Box

I found a tutorial on SCS on how to make a tissue box sleeve.  I decided to make a Christmas box for my mother to set on the table next to her easy chair.

 I used kraft cardstock for the base and then added pattern paper which I had in my stash that was bought at JoAnn's a few years back. 

I used a Fiskar's border punch to add some red trim.  For the focal image I use Nesties to cut out the red and kraft cardstock.  The holly image sticker I picked up at Michael's. 


I used a PTI die to cut out an opening for the top.  I was surprised at how quickly this all came together.  I know I will be making more of these in the future.

5 comments:

  1. Lisa I love your tissue box cover! Absolutely beeeeautiful! I went to SCS and found the tutorial. How did you make yours with out the top cover?
    Thanks Ü

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea. It's always difficult to find a box that has the right colours and images, especially for areas in the home where you want thins to 'match' - I know I'm going to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous..loved yesterday's project too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this box! What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete