November 18, 2010

Merry Christmas

This is my design for this years Christmas cards.  I used non traditional colors this year and was inspired by a card Dawn McVey designed last year.


I used sweet blush and vintage cream cardstock.   An image from Giga Guidelines was stamped in Versa Magic chalk ink in wheat to created the background.  The same ink was used for the sentiment and the image inside the ornament which are from Vintage Ornaments.  The ornament was stamped in sweet blush.


 I had these cards made before PTI came out with the dies to go with the Vintage Ornamnet stamp set.  I added Martha Stewarts crystal fine glitter to the ornament using a glue pen then added a pearl in the center.  I also ran a strip of scor tape at the top of the sweet blush decorative strip and added some more glitter.  The ribbon is from my stash.  I just love how these turned out and a big thank you to Dawn for the inspiration.

6 comments:

  1. Very soft and pretty non-traditional color combination for Christmas. This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is soooooo pretty!! I just love it. My favorite colors. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely, Lisa! These look soft and icy and delicate. Wonderful non-traditional color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THis is absolutely gorgeous! The colors look great together for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SOOOO beautiful!! LOVE it so much!!

    ReplyDelete