November 19, 2010

Gift Card Pouches

I got this idea from Ashley Newell last week in her Watch Me Wednesday video.  I was looking for something different and unique for my gift cards and loved this idea.


I decided that this year all of my wrapping will be done in creams, reds and kraft which is why I chose the colors for the pouches.  I used cream felt to create a pouch that is 5" x 5".  Before sewing up the three sides I ran the front panel through my Cuttlebug with a Nesties die to add a little interest.



The inside panel was made from kraft cardstock.  I stamped snowflakes from the Snowfall set in vintage cream.  I cut a piece of red felt from a nesties die and glued to the top then wrapped some red bakers twine around and tied a bow.  To hold the gift card in place I used my Notch Die cutting tool by Basic Gey.  I love how the Macy's gift card coordinates with the packaging.

To decorate the outside of the pouch I wrapped a piece of lace around the entire pouch and glued in the front then wrapped some pure poppy twill ribbon and tied in a knot.  I then tied 2 red jingle bells with some red bakers twine and tied it around the ribbon.  The red glitter sprig I picked up at Walmart in the Christmas section.  They had those in a lot of different colors.  I snipped a piece off and glued it behind the ribbon.  I die cut a piece of kraft cardstock using Mat Stack I die.  The flourish image is from Vintage Labels that I formed into a curve to match the die cut.  The sentiment is from Tree Trimming Trio all stamped in Pure Poppy ink.

I think I may put the pouches in a large glassine bag but I haven't figured out yet how I want to design the outside of the bag.  After the holidays I may make some more of these pouches to have on hand for birthdays, baby showers and weddings.

5 comments:

  1. What a pretty gift. I love all the details on the gift card insert and the little pouch is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this Lisa. The insert is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty!! Little pouches are such a great idea!!! thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just gorgeous!! i am loving the cream and red this year also...just so classy and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is fabulous!!! I simply HAVE to make some of these for my daughters teachers. I love it!

    ReplyDelete