September 26, 2009

September GSS

I was so tickled that Nichole chose one of my entries from the Septemeber GSS as an Honorable Mention.



I always print out all the Timeless Templates that I purchase onto cheap cardstock and cut them out. I do this for two reasons, one cause my printer doesn't seem to print some of the templates correct and two if I want to use a dark paper I can trace the template on to it as in this case. I used true black cardstock, traced the template on to it and cut it out. I them stamped the spider web in fresh snow and assembled the template. I used the smaller Pack a Picnic for this project. As Nichole mentioned, I didn't fold down the top piece to give me more height. The tag was made from new leaf, plum pudding and kraft cardstock. I added some orange glitter and rhinestones to add a little sparkle.



For the money holder I used a piece of kraft cardstock and stamped a bunch of sentiments from both Spooky Treats I & II. I then folded it about 3/4 of the way up and stitched on both sides and added some fresh snow on to the edges. I added a trick or treat tag and ribbon to finish it off. For the glassine bag I repeated the spider web stamping it in true black. I added some orange glitter to the tag and stapled the top shut.

Tomorrow I'll share another project or two that I entered in the GSS contest. Thanks for stopping in.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the mention!! This is a great project- no wonder she gave you a nod! ;) Isn't it so fun?!

    ReplyDelete