February 23, 2010

Desk Top Organizer

I thought I would show you where I keep my scraps and cardstock bases.


I keep this at my work space so whenever I need a card base or a scrap of patterned paper or a piece that I punched and decided not to use it, I can dig throught this.  I don't have to go digging through a drawer or folder to find something and this reminders me that I have these pieces available.

PTI had a senior design team challenge to use their scraps to make a project.  Here was my take on that challenge.


Back in November I won the GSS for Best Project using notebooks.  You can view my post here.  I had some left over scraps from that project and decided to use them up and created this little number with them.  If you notice on the outside straight stitching where these is no thread.  Well my bobbin decided to run out of thread as I was stitching.  I knew that I would not be able to match up the holes if I tried to run it through my machine again with the thread so I left it threadless (if that's a word). 

I hope you've enjoyed some of the ways I keep myself organized.

Hugs
Lisa




7 comments:

  1. Wow, love this idea. I love seeing how other people organize. Great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! You've been BUSY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute organizer! I have that template & may need to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really like you desktop organizer, its really handy..placing the scraps in a folder will make them "invisible" ...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabby organizer, and that card, WOW, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I'm loving your projects. The swatch card book is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete