January 26, 2010

January Blog Hop

I was disappointed that I could not participate in PTI's January Blog Hop.  My sister and niece were here from Florida.  I just got back from dropping them off at the airport.  They came in to visit my father (and the rest of the fam) who by the way is doing very well.  He is in a rehab facility getting physical and occupational therapy.  We're hoping he will be able to come home in a couple of weeks.

So because I missed the hop I wanted to share a few projects that just happened to fit the Total Package Challenge.  The first card I made for Dad using the Turn a New Leaf stamp set along with some spring rain bitty dots paper as well as rustic cream cardstock.  The ink I used for the leaves was Versa Magic Dew Drops in Sahara Sand.  I added some dots in spring rain ink and scalloped the edge of the paper.  The ribbon is from my stash.



This photo shows where I cut out some of the leaves and adheres them with some bitty foam pop dots.



For the inside of the card I used a verse from Everyday Blessing stamp set with some smaller leaves and cut a strip of pp and added the scallop to match the front of the card.



And of course we have to have a matching envelop. 




This next project is a sample of this year's Christmas card.  I don't send out that many cards and I don't have time to make them all different.  For me it is easier to make them all the same and have an assembly line going.



I used PTI's Tree Trimming Trio and cased the card sample Nichole used in her countdown.  I just loved the color combo she used.  Thank's Nichole for the idea.  For the inside I used the leave stamp from Beyond Basic Borders stamped over the sentiment which I did on my computer.



And here is the matching envelope.


I hope you enjoyed my projects as well as I did making them.  I hope to join you all for next month's hop.

Hugs
Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Lisa both your cards are FABULOUS!! I am glad you got to share them with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your cards! The insides look fabulous too! Look forward to seeing more of your cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! I especially like the combination of Kraft and spring rain. That's great together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! I love how you popped up some leaves. Hope your Dad is better soon.

    ReplyDelete