June 20, 2009

Paper Wind Streamer

The 4th of July is fast approaching us, it's hard to believe that it will be here in two weeks. My sister and niece will be coming up from Florida to join the rest of the family for the 4th, unfortunately my brother-in-law can't make it. So I thought I would dig through my decorations to see what all I had to make things look festive for the occasion. There was not much other than a few flags and wreath so I thought I would make some decorations.



This idea came from Martha Stewart.com, it was rather easy to make. I took an empty oatmeal container and cut out the bottom. Then I wrapped some blue cardstock to the outside and inside of the container. I punched out four holes and added some thin cording so I could hang it. Using a star shaped punch, I created stars with white cardstock and adhered them to the blue cardstock. I then wrapped red and white grosgrain ribbon to the top and bottom of the container. I cut about 18 red and white grosgrain ribbon strips, each about 24 inches long and attached them to the inside of the container. Voila, done. This project can be used for any season just change the colors and use different punched.

Yesterday I bought some red and white flowers to plant in a container I have to use as a centerpiece for the table. I was going to pot them today but didn't have enough potting soil, so to the store I go tomorrow. I will post a photo once I get them planted so I can show you a little something I made to add to the flower pot.

Until then, have a good weekend and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment