February 13, 2011

Valentine Banner

You know, I just can't pass up Valentines Day without a banner for my craft room.  So I whipped one up last week and have it hanging in all it's pinkish glory.  It was all about pink this year for Valentines Day instead of red.  So I went through my stash of patterned paper and pulled out some pink paper for the banner flags.

 I also went thru my stash and pulled out some frilly embellishments and glittery goodness.

I matted my silver glitter letters to die cut cardstock using a bunch of different shaped dies from PTI.  I just love those things. That big pink heart is from Melissa Frances.
 
 Here is a close up of on of the banner flags.  As you can see I used a piece of white tulle at the top where I tied a piece of white string to in the middle then added a pink glitter heart.  I cut doilies in half and added them underneath a piece of cardstock using different border punches.
I'm already starting to think of a spring banner.  Our winter has been miserable and I am soooo ready to see green and everything  in bloom.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous!!! Love the colours and dollie toppers. What a great keepsake to take out every year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm with you..ready for spring!!! love this banner!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! that looks like a LOT of work! gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete