February 20, 2011

Anniversary Butterfly

Hi Folks,

I hope everyone had a nice weekend.  I have a quick post for your this evening with a card I made using the butterfly dies from PTI.


To create the butterfly I used some white tissue paper and folded it several times to give me lots of layers and ran it thru my Cuttlebug using the Signature Series Butterfly.  Then I used the small butterfly and die cut a piece of the patterned paper from Pretty Pastels and attached it to the tissue paper butterfly with my sewing machine.  The antennas were made from these white little wire pieces with the tips (sorry, I don't know what the proper name is) found in the floral department of my local craft store. To finish off the butterful I added some white pearls.

 By using white embossing powder,  I created the large flourish from Fancy Flourishes on a lavender moon card base.  The sentiment is from Damask Designs stamped in smokey shadow.   I rounded off the bottom corners with my corner chomper and attached the butterfly using some score tape.

I love how simple but elegant this card is, perfect for any anniversary.  Thanks for stopping in and have a good week.

3 comments:

  1. this is really pretty. The layered butterfly looks great.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an ethereal beauty. This is one of the best Anniversary cards I have seen in ages! The butterfly is divine! So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The layered butterfly with the large flourish is just perfect! This is so elegant!!

    ReplyDelete